- Use a drain strainer: Use a drain strainer in your sinks and tubs to catch hair and other debris. This can prevent clogs and other plumbing problems.
- Avoid pouring grease down the drain: Pouring grease down the drain can cause clogs and other plumbing problems. Instead, let the grease cool and solidify, and then dispose of it in the trash.
- Don't flush non-degradable items: Flushing non-degradable items like wipes, feminine hygiene products, and paper towels can cause clogs in your pipes. Only flush toilet paper.
- Use baking soda and vinegar: Pour a mixture of baking soda and vinegar down your drains once a month to help break up any buildup and prevent clogs.
- Don't pour chemicals down the drain: Pouring chemicals down your drains can damage your pipes and cause other plumbing problems. Instead, use natural solutions like baking soda and vinegar.
- Schedule regular drain cleaning: Schedule regular drain cleaning with a professional plumber to help prevent clogs from occurring.
- Fix leaks promptly: Promptly fixing leaks in your pipes can prevent water damage and mold growth, which can contribute to clogs in your pipes.
- Install water softeners: Hard water can cause mineral buildup in your pipes, which can lead to clogs. Installing a water softener can help prevent this buildup
By following these tips, you can keep your plumbing system in good condition and avoid costly repairs in the future. However, if you encounter a plumbing problem that you are not comfortable fixing yourself, give us a call, (641) 423-5039. We provide routine maintenance, installations, and emergency repair.